Sunday, October 03, 2004

trying to leave india

mistaken identity: it's funny how so many indians think i'm indian. although i might have indian skin color, my features are really not indian -- and my spoken accent definitely isn't. yet today as i attempted to go through departure immigration in bombay, the agent repeatedly insisted i had to be indian. i insisted i wasn't, and he finally consulted with a colleague who was equally surprised, but decided to believe me. i thought i was home free, but it turned out the agents themselves were unfamiliar with foreigner-registration regulations, and erroneously asserted that i was to have registered upon arrival, and could not leave without producing proof of such reservation. i rolled my eyes and chewed my gum for fifteen minutes until someone finally informed them that i was right and they were wrong. haha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home