Thursday, August 05, 2004

four factors to consider

i need to consider my desires and aspirations in shaping my framework. i should also mention that i derive much pleasure from saying "my framework". :-D

four factors:

i want to progress. my life has been marked by rich experiences and rapid advancement. i do not want to slow down this process of personal growth, and would rather hope to accelerate it.

i want to have fun. how miserable my life would be without fun. given how much fun i've had over the past several years, having fun during less than 50% of my time awake would mark a major deterioration of my quality of life. (i define "fun" as being happy and enjoying what i'm doing at a given moment.) one consequence of this factor: i need to work in a position with a lively, amicable workplace culture.

i don't want to waste my skills. most of my professional and academic experiences have only exploited a very small part of my skill set. i do not expect to find a position that will exploit all my skills, but i do want a position that will exploit many diverse skills - social, linguistic, creative, analytical and technical - and i want a position that helps to define a life direction that has the potential to exploit all my skills.

i don't want to waste my time. i enjoy being challenged and highly productive. i do not want to spend my day surfing the web because i do not have enough work to stimulate me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home